Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I also need few 'doc' features such as
1. Bold letters
2. Formatted paragraphs

The document I want to take a report is a student declaration form
where on top it will display student details in the middle the declaration and at the
end Signature.  The document consists of predefined declaration with bold and italics,
Big text size etc

Any help is appreciated ?

Regards
--

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:55:23
 Christopher Thompson wrote:
>On Monday 08 April 2002 11:22 am, va ku wrote:
>> I don't know is this is the correct  form.
>
>Not really.
>
>> I am looking for some help in developing report on Java. I am using
>> MYSQL and Java for development.
>> I need to generate a formatted output which contains values from
>> database, some paragraphs etc. I am expecting a report in  'doc' or 'rtf'
>> or 'pdf' format. Can you suggest any free software for this purpose.
>
>You will basically not be able to create any output in doc format, partly
>because it isn't a standard and partly because it isn't open.
>
>That said, you could easily use Java and MySQL to query a database and
>present the output in some format, such as comma-delimited.  You wouldn't
>need anything other than Java and MySQL to do this.

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp