Hi

We are in the process of developing Ultra High Availability ecommerce sites
based on php and MySql.

1.      The software itself is well tested
2.      The site is duplicated on two or more servers in separate data centres,
with live replication.
3.      Nameservers for the domain are on the same servers as the site.
4.      Primary and Secondary nameservers are under a different domain
4.      Nameserver refresh times are short.

If there is a server or network failure the whole site, including DNS,
fails, so the browser looks to the secondary (backup) site. In theory only
simultaneous failure of both servers will stop the site being available. A
DoS attack aimed at the domain itself could also bring it down.

The live replication is the hardest bit, but it all looks OK. We are testing
at the moment but are hoping for 100% uptime or very close.

Contact me off list if you would like more info

Peter

Excellence in internet and open source software
Sunmaia
www.sunmaia.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel. 0121-242-1473