Two of my co-workers attended the MySQL training in San Francisco last
month.  We have successfully installed 4.01 on a SUN Ultra 250 running
Solaris 2.8.  Four myisam tables were created and populated.  When we
tried
to install the same software on a SUN Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.6
errors
were encountered.  Something about a missing file 'librt.so.1'.  We
thought
the OS version was 2.7.  Not correct!  I downloaded the binary MySQL
version
3.22.32 from the archive area on the website and it installed.  However,
the
same 4 tables that are working under Solaris 2.8 are presenting errors
under
Solaris 2.6.  The error message states that there is no field
information
available for any of the 4 tables.  Am I doing something wrong.

Next, does this older version have INNODB support available?

Tom Lee
Group Lead
LM AERO - Field Information Network
Software Development/Administration Group
VOICE: 817-763-6541
FAX: 817-763-6548