Scott

> O.K. dumb question.  A bigger string can't be contained in a smaller one.
> But how can I make it so someone searching "dogs" can pull up an item that
> contains dog?

My first instinct was to tell you to use perl and a dictionary of common
terms.

But I remembered there is the LIKE function and similar operators. Check the
string functions in the manual, section 6.3.2. (You might find SOUNDEX
interesting, too.)

Of course, as has been noted, any approach you take will pick up extra
fluff, in the form of words that fit the pattern in terms of the letters
contained, but aren't really related.

Joel Rees
Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment
Suita, Osaka