I know this is more of an php question, but I think that some of the mysql
people that use PHP might want to know about this in case they need it
since it is for accessing a dump of a mysql database.

I found two ways of doing this:
1. (using the exec() method)
exec("mysqldump -q -u$userName -p$password -h$hostName $databaseName",$test);
foreach($test as $line)
echo "$line<br>";

2. (using the backtick method)
$result = `mysqldump -q -u$userName -p$password -h$hostName $databaseName`;
echo nl2br($result);

Thank all of you for your help.
Steve