Sorry about the mutli post of this, but I got some mail daemon errors, so
I'm sending again to make sure.  The question is below.

Carl

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:20:37 -0400
From: Carl Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Locking tables

I understand that at some point, a sql table that has been locked by
someone
will automatically be unlocked, but I'm a little unclear as to the
circumstances.  Say at the beginning of a function I open a connection,
lock a table, and then close the connection.  Then, perhaps a few lines
down in the code I open a connection again.  Will that table that I locked
in the first connection still be locked?

Carl