Hello, verybody,
I am afraid to send my question again.

i created a table in mysql database system to store
exam questions which has the  following column fields:
questionnumber(integer),questionbody(String), answers
(String) and etc.
My problem is if i delete one row(question record) how
can iupdate the questionnumber in the easiest way
which
means mysql can do for me. Is it possible? or i have
to write a method to update questionnumber.
if In second  case i got another worry. for example,
i wrote two querys,one is to delete this question
record another query is to update the
questionnumber,that is , all records whose
questionnumbers are greater than the questionnumber of
the deleted question should deducted by 1. if at the
time After the first  query is executed successfully
and the second query is being executed, the computer
is crashed. the second query will be rolled back. so
the question is deleted but the questionnumber is not
updated. this will result in a mess.
If anybody can give me some hint i will appreicate
very much
Have a good weekend
bin