On 12 Apr 2002, at 14:01, Lance Uyehara wrote:
> > On 12 Apr 2002, at 13:05, Lance Uyehara wrote:

> > > UNIX_TIMESTAMP
> >
> > Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think that's the answer.
> > How does UNIX_TIMESTAMP() know whether the timestamp is in summer
> > time (or even what time zone it was saved in)?
>
> You are correct. Sorry for the confusion. My response was meant for John's
> question about how to retrieve a timestamp as an epoch.

So was mine, but maybe you're using "timestamp" to mean something
other than MySQL timestamp columns.  Using UNIX_TIMESTAMP() on a
timestamp column will produce an epoch time (in seconds), but it
won't necessarily be the right epoch time, because of daylight saving
time (summer time) and possibly data that has moved from one time
zone to another.

[Filter fodder: SQL]

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>