On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 11:07 AM, Michael Widenius wrote:
> I do get most hard bug reports forwarded to me and I haven't seen
> anything that would indicate that symlinking databases is something
> that many people do or that it could explain any of the problems I
> have seen.
>
> The links you listed was mostly typical problems you get with crashed
> index files, and the likely reason for this is something else than
> linked databases directories.

What is the likely reason for crashed index files?  I have a solaris 2.7
box, with uptime somewhere around 7 months, official mysql 3.23.49
binaries.  The third or fourth upgrade of MySQL (all official binaries,
all get "table handler 127" errors, etc.) since tables started crashing
with some regularity (every few weeks) last fall.  We do myisamchk
nightly.  How do I diagnose this?  What information is helpful, aside
from what is sent w/mysqlbug?

My organization sends bug reports with configuration information and
they aren't answered.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm happy to do
whatever it takes to fix this problem; we don't have problems with MySQL
w/some applications, we do in others.

Peter