Hi!

Heikki> From: "SDiZ (UHome)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> I think every thing are documented.
>>
>> http://www.mysql.com/doc/B/u/Bugs.html
>> a.. The optimiser may handle DISTINCT differently if you are using
>> 'hidden' columns in a join or not.

Heikki> Ok, thank you for noting this!

Heikki> We should update the manual so that it mentions this exception to the rule
Heikki> on the proper page http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/E/SELECT.html

I think nothing this in the bugs section should be clear enough.
It's very hard to keep the manual up to date if you duplicate
everything at all places.

Heikki> And maybe also change the processing of DISTINCT so that there is no such
Heikki> exception to the rule.

This should already be fixed in MySQL 4.0.

Regards,
Monty