From: Neal Caidin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Saving and re-using SQL statements

Hi All,

I am a little more familiar with Oracle environments where I can "save" and
"get" SQL statements that I formulate. How do I do this from within MySQL?

I've tried editing my query, with vi, and then saving it using vi's w
filename command, but I can't figure out how to restore the query. I use
vi's e filename to get the file, but then when I :wq out of vi it restores
the previous SQL statement I had input before grabbing the file with the e
option.

Thanks,
Neal