Boris,

You left off the host name when you issued your grant statement.  It should
have been like this:

          mysql> grant all privileges on ps_db.* to ps_user@localhost;
or        mysql> grant all privileges on ps_db.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED];
or        mysql> grant all privileges on ps_db.* to ps_user@"%";  (%  is a wild
card)

This is a link for the grant statement:
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/G/R/GRANT.html

Zyxian
____________________________________
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:33:36 +0800, ÅÇ´f¼Ù(Borus.Kung) wrote:

After I installed MySQL in linux on a PC, version mysql-3.23.49a-pc-linux-
gnu-i686
I created a database named 'ps_db', as followed:

mysql> create database ps_db;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> grant all privileges on ps_db.* to ps_user;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> exit
Bye

then I login as ps_user

/ps_ap/mysql> mysql -h ps -u push
Your MySQL connection id is 3 to server version: 3.23.49a-log

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help.

mysql> use ps_db
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@ps' to database 'ps_db'
mysql>

and cannot use the database, what had I missed out for the privilege
setting?

thank you for reading

Borus