I just had the same exact error two days ago.

td> checking for termcap functions library... checking for tgetent in
-lncurses... no
td> checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
td> checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
td> configure: error: No curses/termcap library found

<B>When you installed your RH system, did you install the curses/termcap
development tools? </B> Some packages are split into runtime and
development
kits, so people who aren't interested in development don't need to waste
the diskspace.

The libtermcap libraries are in the libtermcap-devel package:

$ rpm -ql libtermcap-devel
/usr/include/termcap.h
/usr/lib/libtermcap.a
/usr/lib/libtermcap.so

Make sure that package is installed. You'll also need the ncurses package,
of course, but you probably already have that (so many things depend on
it).

The Key was I was missing the libtermcap-devel files. So download them, and
this solved the problem.

I also posted this here
http://apachetoolbox.com/board/viewthread.php?FID=1&TID=927

Thank You

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Daniel Negrón
Lotus Notes Administrator / Developer
KB Electronics, Inc.
954.346.4900x122
http://www.kbelectronics.com

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          Trocca Filippo|
|        |          <ftrocca@inwin|
|        |          d.it>         |
|        |                        |
|        |          04/22/02 03:07|
|        |          AM            |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>

  |      To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                         |
  |      cc:
                                                         |
  |      Subject:     <no subject>

I try to compile mysql-2.23.49 but configure process stopped for an error:
checking for termcap functions library... configure:error/No curses/termcap
library found
I have gcc 2.95.3, make 3.79.1 on linux ppc 2000 with 2.2.x linux kernel.
Can you help me?
Thanks
Filippo Trocca