On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 10:26:04AM +0300, Michael Widenius wrote:
:
: Hi!
:
: 3.23.50 is basicly just a bug fix release compare do 3.23.49a
:
: There is however two things one should be aware of regarding 3.23.50
: (both only affecting our Linux x86 binaries (normal and RPM's):
:
: - We have switched to a new updated glib library, because we found a
:   critical memory corruption bug (introduced by us) in the old glibc
:   library that we used to compile 3.23.49.
:   (older MySQL binaries are not affected by this problem)
: - We have changed compiler to gcc 3.0.4 (because the old gcc compiler
:   we used couldn't compile with an alternative glibc library).

Does this affect people who compile MySQL on their own on Linux?
If I have my RH7.2 box and I compile my own version of MySQL, am
I going to hit these memory corruption issues?

sql, query, mysql

* Philip Molter
* Texas.net Internet
* http://www.texas.net/