Alex Pilson had this question:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to preserve the  trademark
> character when importing it into to MySQL?

Have you checked your charset? That would be the first place to start,
wouldn't it?

> Using Lasso 5 I can add it through a form submission and retrieve it
> in tact, so there must be a way...

Lasso -- would mean you're on a Mac? Hmm. Does MySQL have a charset for the
Mac version of extended ASCII? You may find yourself making a charset. (If
so, please share it.)

Check under localization in the manual, section 4.something.

Have fun.

Joel Rees
Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment
Suita, Osaka