> My first two questions could not be answered, so, maybe I'll be luck w/
> third.
>
> A performance question: If I have user numbers and "objects" belonging to
> them(e.g.bills), is it better to have one table "bills" with many rows or
> have one table for every user? This means, is it better to do a sql where
> query over one table or to select the table at first?

I'll put my ill-informed 0.02 in  here, in the hope of getting confirmation
or refutation from the better-informed.

My impression is that creating tables dynamically per user or similar is
not regarded as good
practice. Generally your tables should be planned in advance.

Also, OSes have limits on numbers of files open, so having huge numbers of
users risks running out
of file handles as yout system grows, if many queries end up overlapping.

On the other hand, IF you can index on user (in your example), MySQL will
make a very good job of
checking only the relevant part of the table

So my guess (and first attempt) would be the second approach. Which also
has the advanage of simplicity,
 which is a virtue in its own right. (What if you want to add an extra
column? A nightmare to do over
thousands of tables, simplicity for one).

     Alec Cawley