Greetings,

I'm new to the list and apologize if this question has already been
answered.

I'm trying to figure out how to make a thread die.  From the processlist
command of mysqladmin I get back a listing of unauthenticated user that
I want to drop from their connection status.

I issue the ./mysqladmin kill [ID] command.

the mysqladmin processlist command tells me that the the thread is
"KILLED" but the connection still exists.

MY QUESTION :

Is there a variable or defined setting that I can configure to tell
mysqld when to drop the connection/thread ?

The online manual provides the following information

" When you do a KILL, a thread specific kill flag is set for the thread.
In most cases it may take some time for the thread to die as the kill
flag is only checked at specific intervals."

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated