Hi,
        Please ignore if this is not the right place.

        I installed mysql on linux mandrake 7.2 over the weekend. However i
want to use it as part of my application and not as some sort of a server. I
wanted to install mysql in my own account. Also i installed using rpm's and
they always installed mysql on /var/lib/mysql directory. I used the rpm's
supplied on the CD as part of the distribution. Was hoping if anybody has
installed mysql in their own account using rpm's and can provide me with a
mini howto. I did look at the mysql book (dubois) and the manual and for
installing mysql in some other place directed at the source distribution.

        Regards and thanks for your help,
        Saurabh