Dear Mysql folks,

If you install mysql-3.23.49 using a source tarball and compile it with gcc,
the package contains documentation directories and manual directories.

If you install mysql-3.23.49a using an rpm then there don't seem to be doc
directories that come with the installation.

I can't find them in /usr/share/mysql or /usr/share/doc.

I also tried looking on the UK mirror site for a separate tarfile or rpm for
documentation but all I could find was a manual tarfile which was for 4.0.0
alpha.....

If you are using an rpm, you could also untar the source tarball and extract
the docs man and test directories and throwaway the rest.

This seems a bit silly.

What is the proper way to get the documentation for rpm installation.

I installed the server,client,development thing, anything else I could find
and then installed dbd and dbi.....

Suggestions please.

Michael Fothergill