Hi,

Can anybody help with the problem that I posted last week (26/04/2002
11:31) regarding deadlock errors via the Perl DBD::mysql module?

To summarize, the following ridiculously simple program works fine when
run in isolation, but immediately leads to deadlock when two are run
together.

------------------------------
# Database "test" as follows:
# CREATE TABLE x (id INT) TYPE=BDB

use strict;
use warnings;

use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:mysql:test', 'root', '',
           {AutoCommit => 0, PrintError => 0, RaiseError => 1});

for (my $i = 0; ; $i++) {
   $dbh->do("INSERT INTO x (id) VALUES ($i)");
   $dbh->commit();
}

$dbh->disconnect();
was told that since DBD::mysql is just a thin layer over the C API I
should post my query here instead.  I haven't had a single reply yet!
 Does nobody on this list use the Perl API?

Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Steve Hay

---

Version info:

OS: Windows NT4, SP6
Perl: 5.6.1, patched to the same level as ActivePerl Build 631
DBI: 1.21
DBD::mysql: 2.1013
DBD::ADO: 2.4
DBD::ODBC: 0.40