I can't change the lower_case_file_names variables using the -O
lower_case_file_names=1 parameter to either the mysqld or the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql script.  Neither mysqld -O lower_case_file_names=1 or
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql -O lower_case_file_names=1 works.

  Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?  I am assuming I am doing
something wrong but every reference to this variable online says that the
approach I am using should work.  My customer has pre-existing software that
can't be changed at the source code level and it makes calls to SQL Server 7
in a case insensitive manner and I need to turn on the option so that I can
run the code without having to go out and re-write it.  My customer is
checking out mySQL and wants to migrate to it but I have to demonstrate why
its better than SQL Server 7 and this is not helping me out one bit...

Don Flowers

Thanks for any help in advance.