From: Mouratidis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 4:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Results relevance

Problem is, relevance can be anything. It could be 3.6 for example, and
multiplying that with a 100 will give me a number > 100. The way I had done
it was to divide all results with the highest value of relevance and get
something that was a percentage. But, if you do that, then if you have for
example a search for the term:

'Another'

and the best match is 'Another book about Perl', then this match is
displayed as 100%. Which obviously, doesn't look right as it is considerably
off the real relevance.