From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 3:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MySQL Performance on Dual Processor machine

[snip]
I would suspect other things first such as the my.cnf configuration
(show variables)  or has the kernel been optimised on the old box.
Did you check kernel configurations and disk subsystems?  Also the
default process size on FreeBSD is 256Meg,  so more memory won't help
much unless you use it in my.cnf and the kernel configuration allows
it!
[/snip]

Amazingly enough (I did not do the install of MySQL) there is no my.cnf
on
either machine (there are the default my-whatever.cnf files.). I belive
that
I should use the my-large.cnf as a starting point. Does anyone have any
suggestions other than the default configuration for this file?

Thanks!

Jay Blanchard
Applications Development
nii communications, inc.