Currently our MySQL server runs around 20-30 queries per second.  The
upper management decided they wanted to add about 4 times the customers
in the next two or three weeks.  I'm worried that MySQL on this
particular box won't be able to handle the load of around 100-120
queries per second.  Not to mention the CGI scripts are also getting run
on the same box with apache.

The system has  1gb of RAM, 1 Pentium III 700Mhz, and some ultrascsi HDs
(no raid), running Red Hat 7.1 and Linux 2.4.6.

What are my options here?

Replication?  I not sure about that since the box is about 60-70% select
and the rest inserts and deletes.  Won't I lose "real-time" data.

I not familiar with any type of load balancing with MySQL?  SQL Relay?

I also thought of separating the Apache server and MySQL server.

I'll take any ideas.  I need them pretty bad.

-Jason