Thanks Gurham,

I'd considered your second idea - but I prefer your first idea. So I decided
to give the user a table prefix of tbl_R - however, the following throws an
error:

mysql> GRANT CREATE ON Personnel.tbl_R* TO MyUser IDENTIFIED BY
'a_password';
Error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '* ..... blah ....

Checking the manual, I'm not sure I can do this ??

Regards,
Chris