Hi.

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 02:42:44AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ehm, is my mailer boofed, how come if I try to reply to a list
> message, it is set to go to the sender not the list?

It may be arguable, but the list is set up this way.

> Am I on a weird sql list here?

Depends. Personally, I think this is the right thing to do. There are
several reason for one or the other side. You should have no problem
to find some discussions on this with a search engine.

IMHO, one of the main reason is that there is less harm done when a
public mail accidently goes only to one person than if a private mail
going to a public list. Others are that mangling mail headers is a bad
thing and will probably destroy user preferences (Reply-To and so on).

Your possibilities are using Group Reply (Reply All or whatever it is
called in your mailer) - and send a mail to the sender and the list,
which is probably a reasonable thing anyhow, because a lot of
non-subscribers post here.

Or use a decent mailer which supports List Reply ;-), which will only
write back to the list.

Regards,

        Benjamin.

--