Here is probably an easy question to answer, but I can't figure an EASY
way to do it.  Right now, I use a temp table with a unique column to solve
it.  I am hoping that there is a way in the SELECT
statement.  Anyway....What I want to do is to select records from a table
but if there is more than one with the same cont_id (that is the name of
the column), that it would only select the first one of that id and skip
the rest of that id, but continue with the other rows.
        I sure hope that makes since.  Only 2 hours of sleep is not good before
asking for help.

Thanks in Advance
Steve

mysql,sql