I am not sure on this one, since I am new to mysql myself.
But how about just entering the appropriate information on the other
host before the database name
i.e. hostname.databasename.tablename
  Don't know how or where to privide the user name/pw for tthe 2nd.
server though.

It's just an idea from a newbie, so do not put too much trust in it :)

Sven