Hi,

I'm using MySQL4.0.1-alpha under linux and want to use my own udfs. I
tried to get working the udf_example and followed the MySQL manual.
Compiling the file and using the CREATE FUNCTION command didn't succeed.
I got the following error messages:

gcc -shared -o udf_example.so -rdynamic udf_example.o

mysql> CREATE FUNCTION metaphon RETURNS STRING SONAME "udf_example.so";
ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'udf_example.so' (errno: 2
/usr/lib/udf_example.so: undefined symbol: default_charset_info)

gcc -c -o udf_example.so -rdynamic udf_example.cc

mysql> CREATE FUNCTION metaphon RETURNS STRING SONAME "udf_example.so";
ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'udf_example.so' (errno: 2
udf_example.so: ELF file's phentsize not the expected size)

What am I doing wrong?
I would be grateful for an advice.
Thanks in advance.

Stefan