Check your permissions and fileowners one more time. You definitely have
permissions problem.. Make sure that all the datafiles are owned by mysql.

Gurhan

-----Original Message-----
From: Marko Palikko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 1:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Can't create/write to file

Hello All,

I have created a MySQL database on Linux Mandrake 8.0, all is well.
I can add fields / tables ok.

I moved the contents of the database directory and the mysql directory to
another system (Same OS & MySQL). I can access the database but can not add
fields.

 >Failed to save field : SQL alter table ZControl add pid
tinyint(4) >failed : './CRdB/#sql-6c4_a.frm' (Errcode: 13)

I have verified and checked the file permissions etc...

I can create a new database no problems. I am just unable to modify the
database I moved over ...

Any suggestions would be most greatly appreciated.

Marko Palikko
[EMAIL PROTECTED]