CR> I've been trying to import text files into MySQL, but I can't get it
CR> work.  I'm new to MySQL and am still getting familiar with it, so
CR> perhaps I'm missing something.  I'm using the LOAD DATA LOCAL
command
CR> but I keep getting error 1148 "The used command is not allowed with
this
CR> MySQL version."  Now from reading  the information in the docs
section
CR> (http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/O/LOAD_DATA_LOCAL.html) it appears that
LOAD
CR> DATA LOCAL is sometimes disabled for security reasons, and that
there
CR> are two ways around this.  I've tried both ways but it doesn't seem
CR> work.  I tried using the command --enable-local-infile but
apparently
CR> that's only compatible with version 3.23.48 and before, and we have
CR> 3.23.49.  Is there something else I should do?  Can anyone help me
CR> please?  Thanks so much!

Christy, give me some more info:
1. What OS are your using?
2. What MySQL server are you using (version, binary or source
distribution etc.)?
3. What is your client software?

Hi Egor - we're running Windows XP on that machine.  We're running MySQL
version 3.23.49, binary distribution.  I'm not sure what you mean by
"client software."  Doesn't MySQL include server and client?  Maybe I'm
missing something here. :)

Thanks,
Christy
:)