Hi,

I'm having problems porting a working client from Solaris/Linux
to Windows NT (the client uses Paul DuBois' "client4.c" ideas to
load_defaults() and getopt_long() to get connection parameters
at runtime).

I'm using the gcc compiler, and the compile phase seems to work
fine, but when linking against the dynamic library libmysql.dll
(as suggested in the mysql's INSTALL-SOURCES) I get the following
unresolved references:

   load_defaults
   getopt_long
   optarg
   optind

I've noted that these references are in the static library
mysqlclient.lib

   nm mysqlclient.lib | grep load_default

but not in the libmysql.lib (thus not in the libMysql.dll).  In the
spirit of Murphy's Law, if I attempt to link against the static
mysqlclient.lib library, I get other (many) unresolved symbols.

Has anybody come across and solved something like this?

For the record:

   gcc 2.95 (minGW distribution)
   MySQL Ver 11.15 Distribution 3.23.38 for Win95/Win98
   Windows NT 4

Regards,

--
David A. James
Statistics Research, Room 2C-253            Phone:  (908) 582-3082