From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SUPPORT PLEASE - Error while running mysql_install_db

     After installing successfully mysql in my sun solaris - sparc machine,
while i am trying to run the script "mysql_install_db"
     system has given the following error message

     ld.so.1: ./bin/my_print_defaults: fatal: libz.so.1: open failed: No
such file or directory
     WARNING: The host 'inatp12wks99' could not be looked up with
resolveip.
     This probably means that your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible
     with this binary MySQL version. The MySQL deamon, mysqld, should work
     normally with the exception that host name resolving will not work.
     This means that you should use IP addresses instead of hostnames
     when specifying MySQL privileges !
     Preparing db table
     Preparing host table
     Preparing user table
     Preparing func table
     Preparing tables_priv table
     Preparing columns_priv table
     Installing all prepared tables
     ld.so.1: ./bin/mysqld: fatal: libpthread.so.1: version `SUNW_1.2' not
found (required by file ./bin/mysqld)
     Killed
     Installation of grant tables failed!

     Examine the logs in ./data for more information.
     You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:
     ./bin/mysqld --skip-grant &
     You can use the command line tool
     ./bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
     database and look at the grant tables:

     shell> ./bin/mysql -u root mysql
     mysql> show tables

     Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log
     gives you a log in ./data that may be helpful.

     The latest information about MySQL is available on the web at
     http://www.mysql.com
     Please consult the MySQL manual section: 'Problems running
mysql_install_db',
     and the manual section that describes problems on your OS.
     Another information source is the MySQL email archive.
     Please check all of the above before mailing us!
     And if you do mail us, you MUST use the ./bin/mysqlbug script!

>Submitter-Id: Ramnarayanan
>Originator:   Super-User
>Category:     mysql
>Class:        support
>Release: mysql-3.23.49 (Official MySQL binary)

>Environment:
     <machine, os, target, libraries (multiple lines)>
System: SunOS inatp12wks99 5.6 Generic_105181-26 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Architecture: sun4

Some paths:  /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/make /usr/local/bin/gmake
/usr/local/bin/gcc /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
GCC: Reading specs from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
Compilation info: CC='gcc'  CFLAGS='-O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer'  CXX='gcc'
CXXFLAGS='-O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions
-fno-rtti'  LDFLAGS=''
LIBC:
-rw-r--r--   1 bin      bin      1623052 Apr 27  2001 /lib/libc.a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          11 Aug 29  2001 /lib/libc.so ->
./libc.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 bin      bin      1024620 Apr 27  2001 /lib/libc.so.1
-rw-r--r--   1 bin      bin      1623052 Apr 27  2001 /usr/lib/libc.a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          11 Aug 29  2001 /usr/lib/libc.so ->
./libc.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 bin      bin      1024620 Apr 27  2001 /usr/lib/libc.so.1
Configure command: ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mysql '
--with-comment=Official MySQL binary' --with-extra-charsets=complex
--with-server-suffix= --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infile
--enable-assembler --disable-shared

Thanks and regards,
R.M.Ramnarayanan,
iNautix Technologies India Private Limited,
EMail - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Olivier

                    Beutels"             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <olivier@mysql       cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    .com>                Subject:     Re: Support

                    05/07/02 07:15

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to olivier