I use mysql to register data in an accounting system, comunications
happen in a 200 Mbit network and database is really fast, so lock
situation ( ie delete after a long select ... ) is really fast and
does not create problems. When I connect from a dialup connection
obviously query take the same time but sending results to me may take
30 seconds. The problem is that mysql locks the table up to the end of
the data sending process so other local client can't work. Is this a
bug? Are there a logical explanation?
Thanks for your help

Luca
mysql, sql