there are limitations of course but you could also just do a mysqldump of all the data
and re-create the database....

-Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Gelu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 12:31 PM
To: Yvon Darang; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MySQL From Windows to Linux

Hi,
Yes.
1.You must shutdown mysqld from Windows and from Linux.
2.Copy files from Windows to Linux.
...optional .... shutdown Windows ... for ever.(Ha,ha,ha...just a joke)
3.Change owner of the files to "mysql".
4.Check access permision to files and directory.
Anyway, is recomended to use mysql utility administration software.
Regards,
Gelu
G.NET SOFTWARE COMPANY

Permanent e-mail address : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]