Hi Pete,

Thanks for the answer, I will search a bit better in the MySQL manual for
info about the .cnf files.. (Already did, but couldn't 123 found the
information you gave me.)

What I understand is that changing the packet size doesn't have a very
negative impact, sounds that it works as a protection against faulty query
strings..

Thanks for the tip, I am going to play a bit with the configuration file.
On the moment I don't have any cnf file, someone pointed me to the
directory it should be in, but I already did a 'locate my.cnf' on my unix
box, and there wasn't any file on the whole disc...

The values used now are in between the my-medium and my-small files.. Maybe
it wouldn't be bad to try the my-medium.
The memory on my machine allows it, and MySQL is used very intensively.
I do thought like to leave things that work well alone, but I will try and
see what happens..

Thanks for the help and info..

With kind regards,
David Bouw