At 10:27 -0700 5/11/02, Todd Cary wrote:
>I have never opened or done anything with MySQL, so I am completely in the
>dark.  All I know is that phpinfo() tells me that MySQL is implemented on my
>Linux/Apache server.

All that it's really telling you is that MySQL *client* support is
enabled in your version of PHP.  That doesn't say anything about whether
or not the MySQL *server* is running.

You need to get ahold of the person responsible for MySQL on the machine
in question and ask them to create a MySQL account for you, and what
your MySQL user name and password are.  If you're the one responsible
for MySQL, you have a little work ahead of you, because you'll need to
ensure that the server is up and running.  I suggestion beginning with
the post-installation instructions in the MySQL manual or with a general
MySQL text.