On Sat, 11 May 2002, yimdjo francis wrote:

> I have a mailing list in Mysql database working very
> well; How do I add an ATTACHMENT(files of any type) to
> emails going to the addresses in the mailing list
> stored in the database?

Hi,

adding an attachment means changing the header and adding boundaries and
"Content-type" headers. It's not that easy. You have to adhere to the MIME
standard.

> man metamail

and

> man metasend

gets you started. Get RFC2045 from the web and follow the guideline. You
will probably have to read messages from one table, add the attachments
and store the messages to another table, where your maillist program gets
them.

Thomas