Hello,

I need to create a table that is around 15 GB on a FreeBSD 4.5RELEASE system.

I compiled mysql-3.23.49 without any extraneous flags such as (--disable-largefile)

I use mysqlimport to import the table from a flatfile which is about 9GB.

I watch the .MYD file grow to about 4.2 GB and stop with this error from mysqlimport.

mysqlimport: Error: Can't open file: 'temp.MYD'. (errno: 144)
mysqlimport: Error: The table 'temp' is full, when using table: temp

I've tried starting safe_mysqld with the --big-tables option, and that doesn't help.

Ovanes