Hi,
  I'm developing a web site with PHP and I want to show some information
only
if I'm able to connect to a mysql database . If I can´t connect , simply I
don´t
show some parts of the web page.

  Sounds easy and it works fine in local , but when I install it in the web
server ,
if it can´t connect to the database , seems like it keeps on waiting to
establish
the conection and don´t show anything until I stop it.

  Is there any way to establish a timeout? or anything similar.

Thanks in advice.