Hi!

Sasha> On Wednesday 01 May 2002 11:34 pm, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
>> After even more tracking stuff down, I managed to isolate it to a
>> change made in MySQL 4.0.1. ?The query in question was doing:
>>
>> ? INSERT INTO ... SELECT ...
>>
>> rather than
>>
>> ? INSERT IGNORE INTO ... SELECT ...
>>
>> MySQL 3.23.xx lets the first sneak by without errors even if there are
>> duplicates. ?4.0.2 does not. ?It stops. ?Since our master is 3.23 and
>> this particular slave is 4.0.2, the two didn't agree.

Sasha> That would be a bug in 4.0.2. Can you provide a test case for it?

Actually, this is not a bug.

If you issue an INSERT INTO ... SELECT on 4.0.2,  it should stop on
errors.  It was a bug that it didn't do this before.

Fix:

Always use INSERT IGNORE ...  on the 3.23 master that you want to
replicate.

Regards,
Monty