I am working with a mySQL database in which some column names contain
hyphens.  These have to be enclosed in backquotes (`table-name1) within
SQL statements.

Problem: when generating its own SQL statements, mysqldump does not
enclose these names in backquotes -- so when I try to restore a database
from a dump file, I get SQL errors.

Does anyone have a simple solution?  If not, might future versions of
mysqldump allow such fields to be backquoted?

T.D. Houfek

system administrator
Fungal Genomics Laboratory
Center for Integrated Fungal Research (CIFR)
North Carolina State University
ph: (919)513-0025  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]