Hi there,

I have some trouble with the syntax of join query and some perfomance isues.

I did split my data due to the rules of normalisation. So there is a website
table and a comment table and I would like to find out if the user with the
id '10215' has a stored comment or website.

Here is my stmt:

SELECT w.website, c.comment
FROM user_websites w
    LEFT JOIN user_comments AS c ON c.user_id = '10215'
WHERE w.user_id = '10215'

So what if comments contains 1 million entries. Or what if I have 10 such
tables and would have to make a left join on each of them? I fear that the
performance would suffer. is there a better way to do this in one stmt?

Thanx for any help,

Andy