Hi!

> I am getting real interested too. :) I took a look at the manual, but I
did
> not see answers to a simple question like whether innodb files are
> compatible (query-wise) with MyISAM tables, for instance, or whether I
need
> to rewrite all queries. Perhaps a guru here could explain this.

Yes, InnoDB tables are query-wise identical to MyISAM tables. You can also
mix different table types in a single SQL statement, for example a join.

In performance there is some fluctuation due to different optimizations.
Also, InnoDB tables take more disk space, and COUNT(*) of a table is slower,
because InnoDB does not store the row count internally.

> - Mark

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy