Excuse this old ACCESS/ CLARION hack for asking such a basic question,
but the mySQL docs have given me a head-ache :-)

I want to move an ACCESS database to mySQL. I am writing the Code in Delphi.

My problem is assigning the date values in the SQL INSERT INTO string.
In the system I'm using dates are returned as REAL numbers and generally
I would format it to suit the occasion, ie
formatdatetime('yyyy-mm-dd',myDate.value).

So, in mySQL

sql := 'INSERT INTO myTable SET myDate = ' + formatdatetime(datemask
,myDate.value);

Looking at the mySQL docs AFAI can work out datemask should be
yyyy-mm-dd but this doesn't work.

what is the expected 'datemask'? Or have I got wrong?

More importantly are there functions in mySQL I can call to convert a
standard date, ie "yyyymmdd" to the expected mySQL value?

Any help to get me over this confusing hump is appreciated.

--
Pierre du Parté
Final Filer Software

Phone 61 2 44216374