Hi !

This is a basic problem.
I need an unique id in a table, so I choosed integer with
auto increment. (it is so simple...)

After inserting a record, I have to display the created
unique id to identify that record later.

But how can I select it ? If I select the last record, I
should get another one, inserted by a concurrent user.

I have some stupid ideas but.... they are complex, I hope
there is an easy way.

The life is getting more complicated without the record
pointers of the dBase based systems ? :)

Please let me know how it should be handle under sql ?

Waiting for your answer,

Thank you,

GyG