Hi Jay!

Mon, 20 May 2002 07:45:00 -0500, tu as dit :

 > [snip]
 > I have just tried this, but it still takes 1.5sec to run the
 > select... :-(
 > [/snip]

 > Fabien,

 > How many records do you have in each table? And just how fast do you want
 > this query to be? 1.5 seconds may be optimal for a query this large. Perhaps
 > the only thing you could do at this point is beef up your server.

Not that large, I got about 8.000 records in each table. I did put the
body out from the news table, so the news table could be small, and
news_body which I don't request all the time would be the bigger one.

If I do 2 selects, one to fetch info from the news table, and then
another one to fetch bodies, it takes much less time, like 0.05 for each
request. Did I miss something ?

I could still use thoses 2 requests, but I'd prefer to merge them into
one, so I don't have to use temporarly variables.

--
Fabien Penso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | LinuxFr a toujours besoin de :
http://perso.LinuxFr.org/penso/  | http://linuxFr.org/dons/