Hello,

approximatly twice a week I get Error 1030: error 127 (table handler) on
one table. This table is around 2.3 GB, the indexfile around 2.2 GB.
There are around 24.000.000 records in the table.

I am running mysql 4.0.1-alpha on linux with 2.4.18 kernel. But I also
got this error with older mysql versions (3.23) and kernels.

Sometimes restarting mysql solves the problem, sometimes I have to check
the table to get back a running system (no errors found) and sometimes I
had to repair the index or data file. But I can not find any schema.

Checking and repairing tables take multiple hours and stops our normal
work. So it is very bad.

Does anybody have an idea, how to solve this problem ?
Does somebody else have problems like this ?
Could there be misconfiguration responsible ?

Many thanks

Matthias Jaekle