[snip]
I am using MySQL with a PHP front end.  Is there a better way to delete
from multiple tables than the following?
        $result=mysql_query("DELETE FROM team WHERE team_id = '$team_id'");
        $result=mysql_query("DELETE FROM conflicts WHERE team_id = '$team_id'");
        $result=mysql_query("DELETE FROM home_field WHERE team_id = '$team_id'");
[/snip]

This is where MySQL currently fails on of the 12 rules of an RDBMS..it has
not the ability to CASCADE and true table relatons are lacking. I have
always handled it in the code, like you have done above, until MySQL becomes
more robust in it's query features...

Jay