Hi,

> The firewall doesn't have an entry for the MySQL service, so I create a
> user-defined service and fill in the following details:
>
> SourcePort Low: 3306
> SourcePort High: 3306
> DestPort Low: 3306
> DestPort High: 3306
> Transport: TCP (choices are TCP-6, UDP-17, and Other)

Your problem here is that the source port for connections to your MySQL
server won't be coming from port 3306. In fact, the client chooses a random
port. That's why your connections are failing in the client, because it
can't initiate the connection in the first place.

So, you need to specify a source port of 'any' instead of 3306.

Regards,

Basil Hussain
Internet Developer, Kodak Weddings
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]